Rúben Amorim Starts Manchester United Job, But Visa Issues Hold Him Back!

Rúben Amorim has not yet received his visa, which means he will miss his first official day as Manchester United’s head coach on Monday and will be unable to lead the opening training session. The 39-year-old Portuguese coach is set to travel to the club on Monday to begin his tenure. Although United anticipates that his visa will be granted soon, it remains unclear what responsibilities Amorim can assume until he receives it.

Impact of Visa Delay on Training Plans

With numerous United players away on international duty, the delay in obtaining a visa is not expected to significantly impact Amorim’s plans. His ability to work with the full squad has always been limited to starting on Thursday of next week, when all players are anticipated to return from their matches with their respective international teams.

Departure from Sporting on a High Note

Amorim concluded his time with Sporting on Sunday evening, securing a 4-2 victory away against Braga after recovering from a 2-0 deficit at halftime. He leaves the Portuguese champions with an impressive record of 11 wins in 11 games in the Primeira Liga this season.

After the victory, Amorim spoke about his new position. “It’s going to be challenging; I’m not under any illusions,” he said. “I feel prepared for this new challenge. I’m not naive—I understand that it will be very different and quite difficult. However, I’m at peace now, I can concentrate on my new role, and I’m excited to begin tomorrow.”

ALSO READ “Are Chelsea too big for the Conference League?”

Transition of Leadership at Manchester United

Amorim is the sixth permanent successor to Sir Alex Ferguson, who retired in May 2013. He takes over a team that has remained unbeaten in its last four matches under the caretaker manager, Ruud van Nistelrooy, following the dismissal of Erik ten Hag. Van Nistelrooy concluded his tenure without a loss, achieving three victories, with the most recent being a 3-0 win over Leicester at Old Trafford on Sunday.

Van Nistelrooy’s Future Under Amorim

It remains to be seen whether Van Nistelrooy has a future under Amorim. He stated, “We will find out what the next steps are now. I am here to support the club, and I want to continue doing that. I was informed that after this set of four matches, there will be communication regarding my future with you and your colleagues. Therefore, I expect to hear something today [Sunday] or tomorrow [Monday].”

Bruno Fernandes on Van Nistelrooy and Amorim

Bruno Fernandes, who scored the opening goal for United against Leicester, stated: “Ruud van Nistelrooy truly feels connected to the club; he loves it and wants to bring joy to the players. He always brought smiles to the games and wanted us to enjoy ourselves. We wanted to give him a proper farewell as a manager because he has done great things for us.”

Regarding Amorim, Fernandes said: “This marks a new era. A new manager means that everything changes, but what remains constant is that this club needs to return to where it rightfully belongs.”

Leicester City Injury Update

Steve Cooper provided updates on the injuries of Jamie Vardy and Ricardo Pereira. “Jamie’s situation is a bit unclear. He suffered a back injury last week and hasn’t been able to recover from it. We are still working on understanding the full extent of the issue,” said the Leicester manager. “Ricky, on the other hand, has a more serious hamstring injury and will be sidelined for four months, which is a significant setback for him.”

ALSO READ